Friday, June 19, 2009

Modern Technology


I must say that I miss my cell phone and laptop more than anything! You could have never made me believe how 'hooked' I am to the both. I often say I want to throw my cell phone out the window and live without computers! I am publicly recanting any such statement! I feel lost and alone without my connection to the rest of the world. The house I am staying at doesn't have any Internet connection. Some of the relatives have dial up. I am in the office of one of the families using their connection on my computer. We will go today to search for a wireless card that will give me more service. You all have permission to talk about me for being so connected and reliant on my technology! (It must be said that I wasn't trying to use my phone on the airplane. I thought it was funny the people who had to use theirs on the plane or as soon as the pilot announced we could, they were on theirs! I'm not that far gone!)

6 comments:

  1. Just remember to be very careful, my dear friend! They like to kidnap White Americans in Costa Rica! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm drinking my coffee from Panera and thinking of you. How's the coffee there? And no texting, all that practice for nothing. HA! Your living arrangements look comfy. What about local transportation? Donkey? I'm kidding. I know you'll enjoy the cultural experiences. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am shocked I really dont know what I expected to see, you know we over-indulgent americans this every other country is "beneath" us and I think its the opposite esp with the loss of "family togetherness" that alone is enough to appreciate another country... Dont forget my mango..

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...oh and wheres a Pic of you??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Girlfriend. You sound like you are enjoying the experience. That makes me smile. It was very brave of you to take on such a venture alone - I'm proud of you. Try to get as much out of the experience as possible. I look forward to more post. By the way, who the beautiful little girl on your FB page? Be Safe - Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss you alot though i haven't seen you in over a year! (figure that one) LOL! Pics are great! So, miss the ol celly and lap T. See.. know betta next time huh? Co he lo SUAVE !! ..love Papi J

    ReplyDelete