Saturday, June 20, 2009

Family

I must say I am most impressed at how closely knit this family is here! I love that I can walk out the door, in my cute Joe Boxer pajamas, and be at the door of 4 other siblings and their family! You never know who will walk in to any house as they treat each house as their own! Though I had a few moments of missing my family and friends, it has quickly passed with such warmth and love here. I surely don't feel like a stranger! And about the over-indulgent Americans, it is quite true. I am one of them, I know, but true nonetheless! (In response to Shawna's comment.) Even now, because it's Saturday, they are preparing for a family lunch togeter.....just because!

Keep watching for new post. Next week, there are a lot of excursions planned where I will have plenty of opportunities for pictures and a different experience of the various cultures and communities. And....on Tuesday, I am going to a class at the University of Costa Rica! How cool is that? Alright....time to prepare for lunch!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Donita!

    What an adventure! Good for you and have fun. I've enjoyed the pictures and blog entries.

    Chris Schroeder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donita, excelente forma de mejorar tu espanol, muy bien hecho!!!

    Luz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nita!!! I miss you, darn we will get back together and work out once your back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola mi amiga! Can't wait to see you and hear about your trip in person. Safe travels home! I'll be sure to say "hola" to Barack for you - he knows you by name, right? We'll see you next week!
    Martha

    ReplyDelete