Thursday, April 8, 2010

And of course, Rosy





























































By now you know that Rosy is by far my favorite! My first trip, I spent a lot of time with her living in her home and at her cafe. She quickly stepped in and became my caretaker, whether I wanted it or not, which was endearing. Though everyone was very excited about my return trip, it was Rosy who called and insisted that I stay with her.......trumping everyone else, and we'd travel together back to Coronado to see everyone else. She has willingly tolerated me for 2 weeks, both visits! (I'm not sure who cries more at the airport her or me? It's always a teary, teary, good-bye with us!) Though she doesn't have a cafe right now, she still enjoys cooking greatly and anxiously awaited me to wake each morning to prepare my breakfast! SWEET! We spent a few days cooking together so I can learn how to make some typically Tico food! I was trained by the best! My favorite time with her, this trip, was bar hopping! We had a blast! I have since then sworn off tequila!

This woman goes non-stop, all day every day! I would beg her to rest, even if for just a moment! (The picture with her sitting on the couch eating an apple was the one time she actually listened to me!) It's her personality to always being doing something. She wakes up at 5:30am and off, she goes! I, on the other hand, woke up around 10am, and was still sluggish until noon! She is the oldest of all the siblings (Lorena, Mierna, Yehu, Cesar, y Annette) and imagine that's where she got her caretaking nature.

She was generally uncooperative for most photo opportunities, so I don't have any great pictures of her. But don't let her serious face fool you.....she will love you to pieces! She is very affectionate and doesn't care if you are or not! She full of hugs and kisses, and even shares my cynicism!

I am still hoping she will visit her soon! She used to live her in Indy, and I wasn't fortunate enough to know her then! However, if she ever visits, we'll have a Tico style fiesta at my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment