Sunday, July 12, 2009

Vecinos







As I have told you before, the entire family, except for one sister, lived in the same little area. This is the main gate where everyone who lived here entered. The gate was electric for those entering with a car. They had something very similar to our garage door openers in their cars that would open the gate. The gate also had a smaller, non-electrical, door to enter without cars. It was kind of like, what we would call, an alley but lead to everyone's home. I lived in the first house to the left. Behind us was Tia, and Mirna's Family, Cesar's Family, and Yehudi's Family as well as two other neighbors not part of the family but joined in with parties and meals! I so loved being so close to everyone. I still remember my first morning, waking up and walking down the way until I found someone home. It turned out that Mirna was home and everyone was eating breakfast at her house. The family loved living so close together, but not together. I found this to be really neat!

1 comment:

  1. OK so when are Deb and I going to get a tour of Costa Rica, first hand......I'm just sayin

    Jim N

    ReplyDelete